Monday, February 2, 2009

Black Ice and all things wonderful

update from the training side of things....

I have spent some quality time out of doors biking the past few days...there is a big difference between indoor training and outdoor training. I know - some say each one is better and the debate continues...I personally think it boils down to the mental state of the rider. See, I am prone to get off the trainer indoors...because I can. Outside...20 miles from home...its cold...windy or there are hills...I have to get through it to get home. Outside puts me in a place where my options are limited to - well - biking.

So my time on the trainer this winter is a good lesson in dealing with my nerves. And with that I say bring on the open road - Ill take a tall order of wind in the face - and an extra serving of hill repeat please....and a patch of black ice to keep your wits about you.

Ok - not sure how many actually read through here but there has been some remarkable traffic on the front of funds raised for Camp Odayin. We should have our new website running soon - thank you Amy and Bernie - and we are in some huge needs for the following things as we prepare for RAAM.

Crew Members - by loose definition ( a remarkable, eclectic and somewhat crazy "passionate" group of people that ride across America with us in cars at about 20 mph giving support to Team Strong Heart...the Heart and soul of the team by far. Overcoming logistics, personalities, time management etc...but most of all a group that has what it takes to make this effort for Camp Odayin come together ). want an adventurous summer vacation? Join Team Strong Heart Crew and experience a life of change.

Sponsorship - this is simple. We need assistance in fundraising. Even if you are not on board as a rider, crew, SSF member etc... you can help us. Spread the word and do some research on Camp Odayin and see the real fire that fuels our efforts. This is not for our glory - it is all for the kids. Despite the climate of change and economic windfalls it seems, I have found many still willing and able to give for various reasons. All it takes is knowing our reasons, and then providing proper information and finally giving them the opportunity to help. Utilize the website via paypal, send in orders/donations via snail-mail or come to spin class on Tues/Thursday at Trailhead and see me directly.

Feb 7th, 2009 I will be attending the Primary Fundraising Event for Camp Odayin downtown with a few others from TSH / SSF. ALSO keep in mind that there will be a meet/greet for TSH at the Elm Creek Ski Chalet (not sure of the real name) at 630 PM. Me, Steve and Joe should be there with SSF. AND....don't miss the get together at Trailhead Cycle / Fitness on Feb 28th where you can see local vendors, teams, TSH09 and take advantage of great deals - and I'm sure food.

More long winded stories - Ill keep it short for now.... SEE YOU ON THE ROAD.


Andrew

No comments: